We have two accommodation options - clink on links below for full details of both our Original Cattery and our new large Cabins with Gardens.
Our new cabins with gardens were opened in December 2012. We have 10 in total - 4 extra- large, 4 large and 2 Golden Oldies
We provide two choices of cat accommodation; our Original Cattery where each cat has their own heated, tiled indoor suite with several sleeping levels and all day access to their own outdoor climbing area, floored with synthetic grass
Our newly developed cat cabins with gardens. These are undoubtedly the most spacious, well designed cat boarding facilities in the country. Each cabin has numerous sleeping options, is heated by radiators and heat lamps, fully tiled, painted and decorated. Leading off this through an opening are the very large outdoor garden areas. Each one is fully covered and has a multitude of branches and trees for climbing, scratching and jumping, along with several seating/lying areas to enjoy the sun (when it makes and appearance!) and watch the many wild birds present.
All our accommodation is designed to keep cats entertained but without the stress of too close proximity to other cats, thus helping them settle in more quickly and feel secure and unthreatened, allowing them be relaxed and enjoy their stay.
Anyone bringing a cat to Wicklow Kennels and Cattery has use of a separate entrace as the cattery right beside our house and in a different area to the kennels.
Cats staying with us do not see any dogs during their stay. They will however be able to hear the dogs barking in the distance during certain times for a few minutes - such as dinner time excitement.
Monday - Saturday:
10am & 6pm
Sundays and Bank Holidays:
When leaving your pet you will be asked
to choose either a morning or afternoon collection time.
Please leave us a message if we cannot
answer immediately and we will call you
back or, alternatively send us a message
Our New Cattery Cabins:
Each large indoor cabin has several raised sleeping areas and heaters. They are fully painted and decorated. Pictures hang on the walls and each bed has soft cosy duvets - just like the home comforts your cat is used to.
Our Original Cattery:
Our original cattery was established in 2009. It is a long timber building right beside our house with 10 cat pens which each have their own outdoor area. It has been highly successful, we are booked out for the busy holiday periods well in advance.
- Each cat pen has three sleeping levels
- Its own heater and a seat window
- Each pen is fully tiled
- There are solid walls between pens - so cats do not see their neighbour
- 24 hour access to the outdoors they can come in and out as they please
- We provide lots of toys
- Best quality wooden pellets cat litter use
- Lots of different bedding - blankets, cushions, mini duvets and vet bed
- Classical music is played from morning until bedtime
- There is a cat flap (left open for cats who aren't familiar with using them) leading to the outdoor area
- We notice that the cats often all come outside to see the birds at dawn, and afternoons are definitely favourite napping times
- Each outdoor area has raised wooden seats
- Lots of ladders and branches for climbing and scratching.
- Ground covered with synthetic grass (which the cats love scratching!)
- Bird feeders close by so that there is lots of entertainment for your cat.
You can bring a blanket or piece of clothing your cat has slept on so that they will have a familiar smell in their bed.
We are owned by two cats ourselves so know how much a part of your life your cat is. We know from experience to allow cats be themselves, to settle into their new environment with gentle, loving attention, suited to their needs and personality.